Wednesday, August 6, 2014

All About the Ben Nye-Sienna & Chestnut Review

Happy Sunday to all you Savvy sisters!


So for some time now, I've heard so many great things about the Ben Nye  Translucent powders. I never really took the time to order them because I tend to get impatient when waiting on packages to arrive in the mail. So I have been debating with myself about if I wanted to purchase them here at a local theatrical store for $8.99 or pay $7.00 for each and wait for the delivery, I finally went with ordering them online
There were a variety of shades to choose from ranging from light to dark. The smallest size comes in a 1.5 oz shaker bottle for $7 and they have 9 different shades to choose from. Want to know the best part about it? There's a shade for everyone!

 I purchased Sienna and Chestnut based on other girls reviews and referencing my NW47 skintone. Sienna and Chestnut turned out to be very good matches. This will be a review so I will try to cover all bases of the products.

Sienna has more of a yellow or orange undertone
Chestnut has a reddish undertone



Uses:
Sienna is used to set my highlight and under eye concealer
Chesnut is used to set my foundation-perfect match

Quality:
I absolutely must say that this product is very pigmented. A small amount (and I mean small) goes a very long way. You have to be careful when applying because if you take out too much you will have fall out which is completely normal with any powder. The bottle is a shaker bottle so once you have taken out the product its very hard to put any extra back in the bottle and can get a little messy if not careful. Both powders are very good quality for a fabulous price! Ben Nye is a well known brand used by many professional mua's and has been around for quite a while.

Cons: can be a bit messy, but nothing a makeup wipe can't fix.

Product give or take will last you from 6 months to a year.

All in all I have no regrets on purchasing either one of these powders because they are not only highly pigmented but they are also well priced.  I recently found myself wanting to order more the darker shades such as ebony which is a dark brown perfect for contouring or the topaz which could be used for a more fierce highlight. If you are new to makeup such as myself and want to test out the products without spending a fortune, I would recommend buying them on here camera ready cosmeticsThe price is very affordable and the shipping was very fast, simple and more importantly only $2. You can't beat that beauties!


                                  ♡♡♡♡♡
Have any questions about either of these two products? Feel free to leave questions below. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment