Friday, August 1, 2014

Lipstick Mania! (Happy National Lipstick Day!)

Happy Tuesday dolls!

To all my lipstick lovers, this one's for you. Today's National Lipstick day so I thought today would also be the perfect time to share with you all a few of my favorite lipsticks from my collection.  I have lots more lipsticks that I own, but I figured I would share with you all my favorite go-tos.

The colors included in this post are going to be a few shades of nudes, pinks and a few colors but they are all shades that I would wear from day to day.  I have dark skin, so with that being said I have to find colors that would go with my tone but I've yet to run across a color that I felt didn't match my nw47 skin tone. You will see various  drugstore/ beauty supply store brands from NYX, Covergirl Queen, and Klean Color.

I will start with nudes and end with colors. ..let's get started!

NYX - Creamy Beige
This beautiful cream based lipstick goes on smooth and has a very beautiful finish, one of my favorite nude colored lippies, it gives a very natural look. Apply with a coat of gloss and you are good to go! ☆Perfect for a no makeup look.

Klean Color French Garden #1 from L to R
French Garden is a very pale nude colored lipstick. I know in the picture it looks white but its not I promise. I find this color to be a little to light for my skin tone but too make it work, I would apply it with one of my darker brown lippies and a lip pencil to darken it up a little.


Covergirl Queen-Penelope Pink


A very light, beautiful baby pink lippie. Great for the "Barbie Look" or if you are going for a look thats subtle but you want to make a statement.



NYX-Thalia


A cream based lipstick that is not only a beautiful tea rose pink but gives you a very classy look. I like this color because not only is is very easy to apply, it goes with pretty much every look that you can think of. Pink is like a neutral color in my makeup world, when you can't think of any other color appropriate for a specific look...Go pink!



NYX-Harmonica



Harmonica is a very light, pale shade of pink. I call it the "Barbie" Lipstick. I have tried to wear this color alone but I find that I like to mix it with a darker color to give it that ombre affect.

Covergirl Queen-Dazzle

hmm what shall I say about this faboulous color!? First off, I would like to apologize because my camera isn't doing this color any justice but it's a beautiful pink color. I've noticed that Covergirl products are very long-lasting and apply very easily. This is one of my frequent go to colors because its perfect for a simple pink lip, it's not too bright and not too dull.

NYX-GEM




NYX-VITAMIN

Looking for a Coral lippie? look no further. I adore Nyx Vitamin. I think they knew exactly what they were doing when they created this color. This color is beautiful yet simple enough to dress up or down. I've worn this color for a night out as well as just a simple day out and both were faboulous! perfect for any shade of skin. I love #NYX


KLEAN COLOR-CAST OF SPELL


This beautiful lavendar colored lippie is very beautiful, to me its out of the box and makes a statement. Apply with the perfect eye and a top of gloss and you will be sure to be the star of the night!



NYX-CHAOS

Bright, Bold, Beautiful red cream lipstick, I absolutely adore this color because it just says classy all over it. I will admit it took me a while to find the confidence to wear this color but once I put it on, I fell in love. Check out me wearing #chaos in a previous blog (here)


NYX- SNOW WHITE

Snow White is a darker version of Chaos. If you prefer a darker red with more of a brownish undertone to it, this one's for you. I find that I prefer the brighter red but I like this one as well. I could see a little black dress with a gold statement necklace and a smokey or neutral eye would be perfect for this shade.


So girls! Those are just a few of my favorite lipsticks that I own. I have many lipsticks in my collection but I find that these are the ones I grab for first. I will do a complete lipstick collection blog so you all can see some of the other ones I own if interested. All items included in this blog was purchased with my own money and very affordable. They are all drugstore/ Beauty Supply Store brands.

Questions and comments are always welcome!
Thanks for reading!









No comments:

Post a Comment